Friday, May 1, 2009

Ace's Kawasaki Disease Story!



Ace's Kawasaki Disease Story!
THIS IS ACE'S KD STORY, TOLD BY HIS MOMMY

This has been the most numbing experience of my life.On July 12th, My son became gravely ill with Kawasaki Disease. It was a time of complete confusion and helplessness. Not knowing what was going on in our son's body was unbearable. We were getting advice from everyone.This disease causes inflamation in the walls of the small and medium sized arteries throughtout the body. Early diagnosis is key to preventing coronary artery aneurysms. If he didn't receive treatment in time then permanent damage to his heart could happen or he could even die, (gamma globulins must be given intravenously within 3-4 days of Kawasaki's onset).After receiving the IVIG treatment, Ace was finally moving! You have no idea how uplifting it was to see my precious little boy finally moving after 8 days of absolute stillness.My son is home now, he takes 325mg of aspirin 4x a day. He will have another echocardiogram so I will update everyone when we get those results. This is a very rare childhood illness .I will never take another moment for granted with my son after Kawasaki, I know that there is more,Each moment must be fully lived because we came so near to losing him. It's not just enough to appreciate his life. We must celebrate life while we are here. Im scared to death that something else is going to happen to his heart. I keep thinking its not over , I have read of how they recover and then relapse again. Thank you for reading this I hope to have good news soon. UPDATE : Getting My Sons Third Echo Results On monday ... Its going to be a long weekend:(

No comments: